The WA Government have announced Stage 2 COVID-19 guidelines for businesses to start to reopen. With the rules stating 20 riders at any one time, Perth Wake Park will reopen on Thursday 21st May with a booking system and a COVID-19 Safe Operating Plan.
Staff are working hard to ensure we are ready for this opening with COVID Safety Plan Certification, Staff Hygiene Certification, cleaning and sanitation procedures, and systems to keep our employees and customers safe during our reopening.
We are asking anyone that visits the park to abide by and follow rules such as social distancing, good hygiene and be aware that we will all have to modify our usual activities at the Park to ensure we maintain a COVID Safe environment. Hand washing facilities and sanitizers will be readily available.
During our Stage 2 opening, from Thursday 21st May 2020, riders can book 2 hours of riding for $55 or a 2 hour private session for $795 (subject to availability). After these sessions there will be half an hour changeover time, allowing sufficient time for the previous session to vacate the Park before the next session.
Session times are Thursday – Sunday:
10:30am – 12:30pm
1pm – 3pm
3:30pm – 5:30pm
Bookings can be made by calling the park on 95242884. Full payment is required at the time of booking. First come, first served basis. Please be patient if we are unable to take your call, either call back or send us an email with your phone number to [email protected]
As we are unable to offer the many membership advantages at this time, including unlimited anytime riding, we will not have any membership options throughout Stage 2 opening (including discount pricing for Discount Pass Holders). Direct Debits will remain on hold until our Stage 3 opening and any full membership credits will be applied once we open properly. Discount pricing will be back for Discount Pass holders when we are able to operate as normal.
Please note the beginner lakes are NOT available.
Advice for Customers
- All riders must have completed our waiver prior to coming to the Park. This can be done here: https://perthwakepark.com.au/waiver/
- We are permitted to have 20 people riding and 20 people in the café/viewing area. Therefore, each rider will be allowed to have 1 spectator. All riders and spectators must register at the front desk with their names and contact details as per the WA Government tracing rules
- Riders will be required to ‘Get in, ride, get out’ as per the Government guidelines
- The start dock will be marked with physical distancing floor markings. Please allow 1 board length between each rider. Instruction will be verbal when required and staff must avoid all physical contact
- We encourage everyone to bring their own gear however, hire equipment will be available with the exception of wetsuits. As usual, basic gear is included in your ticket price, obstacle boards can be rented at an additional cost. These will be cleaned and sanitised before being returned to the rack
- Showers will not be available at the Park during Stage 2
- Tables and chairs will be arranged to maintain acceptable distancing, please do not move these around unless a staff member permits it
- The café is open. There will be a limited menu and all items will be served on take away, disposable packaging. Our packaging is all recyclable or bio degradable at the Park
- Pro Shop is open and we still have lots of items on SALE!
We are excited to get back in action, welcome our riders back to the park and hope the stage 3 restrictions allow us to operate as usual. We know this interim operating phase will not suit everyone, but please understand will do our best to navigate the new rules and regulations and hope the impact to your riding is minimal.
See you soon,
The Perth Wake Park Team